Sunday, February 27, 2011

long & winding road

It is Saturday & T&J & I am here, safely.  After the freak snowstorm Thursday we were all a bit worried that it would go through but it did.
Friday I had 3 more interviews.  It is so hard to find good talent that will also mesh well with your company & your team… When I got into work, I had a very lovely email waiting for me from EE.  Mostly just finishing out some details, but some sweet stuff too.  Most of which was “if I wake up in time, maybe I can drag you out to lunch before I head up”.  So I sent a reply back to his account that he would see after work & said “absolutely!  How does 1 sound?” and sure enough, who was there in his cute little G5 at 1300?  And not only that, but it put him behind schedule of when he wanted to leave.  We go to the pasta bar @ Eugenia’s in the Honeywell Center.  It is very tasty, fast & mostly healthy which I love all the way around.  And not expensive.  I’m finally getting to point where I am mostly comfortable with him & finding things to talk to him about.  For those of you who really know me, you will find it odd that I don’t always know what to say to people, but it really does take me a while to not feel awkward. He drops me off, we kiss & I don’t really want to go back in, which I tell him.  But I have to.
Remarkably the afternoon goes very quick, after my shift is done I went & got my new specs, I love them!  I can actually see again!  I had no idea that my old ones had gotten so bad.  I’m still getting used to the new script when using the laptop but mostly I’m OK. I got the boys picked up at Little Friends, they got a snow day out of the deal, and then off to Kokomo.  007 falls asleep on the way.  Poor boy is just like his mamma.  I’m really concerned that he doesn’t get enough sleep but I’m not sure I can realistically change too much.  The X and I talk a bit, and the boys switch over.  I hate letting them go & watching them drive off, but I’m sure it’s hard for him in reverse when I take them back home.   I pop into the mall because I want to get a pair of these:
 

But I think they are more hot pink than this, so I go into the store.  They don’t have my size!!!!!  They have a silver pair, but that’s not what I want.  They have a black pair, and I do want those, they would look so cute with a little black dress!! So he tells me they can ship them to my house….schweet!  so those are on order….  JB texts me if I remembered my suit, since the hotel has a swimming pool.  I didn’t, so I need to stop by the house to get.  Might as well pick up the camera too.  Then I head to their house, they are not ready to go yet.  Come on people!! ;)  We finally get on the road & I fall asleep just south of MI and she lets me snooze (T is snoozing in the back).  She calls EE to let him know we’re close.  I can’t believe we are finally almost here!  We get checked in, have a bit of trouble finding the dark horse, but then do….
http://www.darkhorsebrewery.com/index-entrance.asp
And oh my gosh!  His daughter & 1 son are there.  Now I am totally freaking!!!  But I’m trying to relax.  He gives me a hug & kiss & that helps.  It takes me a bit to get acclimated, but I do finally.  The beer is really good, the pub is just really cool.  There are mugs everywhere.  Hand-drawn art in the bathroom stalls.  Lots of atmosphere & non-smoking so totally loving it.  We get a greek chicken pizza & it goes really well with the beer. Reminds me of when I worked for Pythia & Vasilis would order from http://www.bazbeaux.com/ for lunch.  YUMMY!
We close the place down, but then they closed at midnight which was weird.  By this point, I’m comfortable with both the kids, they are funny & smart.  Very sharp & easy to talk to.  She’s in school over in Chicago, he builds racing sailboats.  He drives me back to the hotel, and we sit in the back and make out for quite a bit.  The windows were really, really steamy.  And there is a lot more room in those cars than what you think there will be.  And he said again “I just didn’t think I would like you as much as what I do” and so I finally had the nerve to say “dude, what is that supposed to mean!?!?”.  And he said “I had all these plans before I met you, I figured I’d be down here a couple years and then go back home.  Now, I just don’t know. I think about you all the time”.  “No you don’t!”  “Yes, yes I do.”  OK wow.  I think about him all the time.  I mean all the time.  All the time.  I’ve tried to stop, it’s detrimental to my health, sanity & everything else.  This is just sooo not what I had planned, had in mind or even thought I wanted.  It is making me think long & hard about stuff.  We are finally able to cease & desist long enough to drive around front & get me inside.  T&J are already asleep, sh*t! hadn’t thought about that, don’t want to be rude & wake them up.  So I try to get ready really quiet.It’s about 3 when I get to bed, then I was up at 7:30 and on the treadmill.  Walked 1.5 miles in 30 minutes, really not too bad.  Legs felt really a lot better after being in the car for 4 hours yesterday.  He had told me to give him a call if I wanted to do breakfast in the AM.  T&J did not want to, I did, but I’m not a big fan of hotel breakfasts (oh, I’ll do them) so I gave him a jingle “give me 20 I just woke up”.  And true to his word he was here about 40 minutes later.  We went downtown Marshall to Rosa’s, a very nice little diner & sat & talked & ate our breakfast.  And like really talked.  Talked about family, kids, my mom.  Some meaty stuff.  Finally.  We walk down to the bakery, he gets some cinnamon rolls for his kids at the house, some pecan rolls for T&J and some stuffed cookies for 009 & 007.  We walk back down to the car & keep talking.  I told him about the river trip Johnny @ church wants to do.  He talks about kayaking & camping that he likes to do with the kids.  About in the spring how he wants to come up & get his bikes to take back down south & the camping he wants to do over the summer.   He said “those are the plans I had to do before I met you”.  “They sound fun , you should still do them“  “well, now, I think if you’d like to go with me, that would be really fun.” “I think we could work something out”.  And then we get to the car.  For real, did that really just happen?  Like “long distance” kind of planning into the future?  More than just lunch next week? I call T&J to see what they are doing, they are still here.  T comes out to eat his pecan roll with us in the lobby while J gets ready.  More really good talking, then it’s time for him to leave & have lunch with his mom & kids.  So I came back here to work on my playlists & send this.  Getting ready to take a nap.  It’s nice & quiet & I probably need it before tonight….

No comments: