Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Code Blue!

So today at work Bill L & Kevin from WatchGuard were in town doing some firewall training.  Some 101 stuff, as well as the “what’s new inFireware 11.4” stuff.  So all day long I got to hear about PAT, SNAT, 1-1 NAT, hairpinning vs. split brain DNS, SSL vs PPTP VPN, routed VPN vs. Bridged VPN and I think there is blood coming from my ears at this point.  I think I have completely maxed out my IRQ buffers.  My interrupt handlers are smokin’… captain, I’ve given ya all she’s got, I canna give ya any more…. There is a part of me that was like “I really wanted to just leave this all behind” and then there is this other weird, geeky part of me that is getting off on it because it is all just so…well, cool.  But 5 hours & 1 glass of wine & I still have a major case of brain hurt, ya know.

And this dude is like, hard-core.  He runs one of these boxes at home so he can log & report the activity his family does. SERIOUSLY!  Wow.  And me being the bad parent that I am, don’t have any parental controls at all & am gullible & naïve enough to think I don’t need it…yet.

And during this whole thing, Sunshine calls not once, but twice.  Mainly because, I guess, no one else handles his schedule in quite the special little way I do.  I have no idea.  It took forever for him to trust me & give me the time of day, now he doesn’t want anyone else.  I guess be careful what you ask for.  It’s not like The Hobbit or Blankie can’t do it too; they have the same access & abilities as me – and he knows I’m in training – and he STILL asks for me. Geez!

So Tuesday night we are reading Luke 1 and of course he is talking about the virgin Mary.  So 009 asks what a virgin is.  Oh frak!  Um, well, it is someone who’s not had sexual relations before.  What are sexual relations?  Well, you know, sex… no I don’t know. …. Well…. Like kissing & touching that a man & his wife would do…. What kind of touching….well, of privates….oh (now he’s blushing) I was ok until you said that. Then 007 says but someone at school told me no one should ever touch my privates….well, it’s ok if it is your wife & you say it’s ok….well, what if I say no?  then she shouldn’t.  but what if she says it’s not ok?  ….wellll…. then you don’t.  ….is the other person allowed to persuade???? Gently… yes, but never force, threaten or bribe…..oh….ok can we go back to reading now? (that was me!)

That was SERIOUSLY THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE CONVERSATION I’VE EVER HAD!  And I’ve had a lot of them….but maybe it will be easier next time.

So this AM was pretty cool, I even got to the office before the Karate Kid.  By 5 seconds.  That felt totally awesome.  And he did not stay up at my desk for 40 minutes to talk, so I actually got A LOT done before everyone else got there. That was totally cool.  Not that I mind what happened yesterday, but let’s face it, they aren’t paying me to sit around and chit chat.

I got to bed too late, so I need to make on-time tonight.  Tomorrow is choir & bill paying nite, so I probably won’t post.  And the EX is coming up to take the boys out to supper.  That should go well.  I pissed him off last time, I think.  I’ll try not to do that again, but I have a way of doing that…

Friday night, Jilly Bean & I are supposed to go out to Charley Creek Inn for a Wine & Chocolate event so maybe they’ll be some eye candy there to boot….maybe I’ll find me a little something-something…One can always have hope, right?

 

No comments: