Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just another quickie

Work today made my brain itch.  Trying to work on the bank customer that we have 9 million things to do, our own internal stuff, looking for another team member.  YIKES! At least the phones didn’t ring too much.  Sunshine was out sick & the HH was out taking a test….

Let’s see… to catch up….

Sunday wen’t really well, found out Bekah’s substitute bus driver used to be Gerhard, she didn’t even know he was CoB.  It was too funny… she was like “I’ve just always know him as the crazy German mechanic dude that used to drive the bus!”  They did a really great job & my brother should be very proud of them!

And JB and I do a bit of girlie talk because she seems to think EE is like captivated with me or something.  I think she’s smoking something.  So she tells me that if we’re going to go on this trip, then I have to get some of the “foundational” conversations out of the way so it’s not so awkward.  “OK, I’ll try”, I tell her, but I’m nervous as hell to do this without my wingman.

Later that day, I send him a text… he responds back…. I respond back….he responds back…back & forth, just mostly innocent stuff.  He suggests I stop by his house on the way to Kokomo, but he lives over by Marion & it’s not on my way, and I’m scared and there’s stuff I’m trying to get done, so I decline, which I know was the right thing to do because I’m too afraid of what would have probably happened if I went and I don’t want it to just yet.  Maybe someday.  But I want to be friends first, go slow.  But I call him on the way.  He works 3rd so he was waking up for the day by this point.  Would be totally weird.  We talk for quite a bit, but it’s weird because he doesn’t really ask any questions & I’m wondering how in the world we’re ever going to get to know each other if he doesn’t and then I think maybe I talk so much/too much he doesn’t have to, and then I think maybe he’s only interested in 1 thing so he doesn’t really care and then I just end up with a headache and try to stop trying to figure it out.

Monday morning after his shift he sent me a nice little note & I responded back.  Monday night I logged into work email & sent him a note, since I had his email on his card.  Thought that might be safe.  Didn’t really say much, just a hi & some cheese-bally stuff, since I’m a big dork anyway.  And then I’m feeling dorky and desperate & suffocating for sending it & wishing I hadn’t.  The last thing I want to do is turn into the recruiter.

When I told Cheryl about the weekend, she was like “wow, so he’s leaving you in control” (regarding him not asking me for my number, but giving me his card instead) and she thought that was pretty neat.  I did too.

So now I find myself thinking about him a lot, which is kind of silly since I don’t really even know him, thinking back on that kiss and how I want to do it again.  How I want to get to know him, how he’s incredibly interesting & intriguing.  And scared out of my wits that he really just wants to get in my pants and that he could care less about the whole rest of the package. And trying so hard to not get caught up in it.  Please help me with that part….

No comments: