Monday, January 31, 2011

Things, stuff & more things

009 always gives me a hard time about these words.  Apparently Mrs. Davis, the English teacher does not approve.  They are rice cake words, one must use salsa words.  Momma gets her behind chewed for using them, 009 is reminded who the adult is… you can see conversation…. I must learn it is futile to argue with a 9-year old….

I was told that I need to post more regularly & that I had a disappointed fan base…. So….

Thursday was choir practice, no text-flirting with Sunshine that night.  Probably a good thing.  Not really my type, and he breaks rule number 1, being married.  Sorry, Big, that IS a deal-breaker for me….

Friday night was spent driving to Kokomo so the boys could visit their dad & then driving back.  Jammed out to the iPod, always good.  I sing like 90% of the time I’m in the car.  Does not seem to bother the offspring.  Not sure I’d stop if it did.  Then I watched Flyboys.  Cute movie about WWI and the American pilots who joined the Lafayette Escadrille prior to our entering the War to End All Wars.  Well, cute probably isn’t the best adjective, it was good. Good story, so-so acted.

Saturday I went to Pastor Kay’s father’s funeral at Timbercrest.  Always so wonderful to hear such delightful stories about a man that I know was so full of life & love.  Then I was back in town for my massage, haircut & updo.  The massage always goes way too quick.  If her hands were ever up to it I would pay for 2 hours gladly.  She always does my hair so cute, looked just like Taylor Swift.  Only it was me…so not so much like Taylor.  And I had a fantastic night out helping espanish & the cruz (I don’t have a good name for her yet…)clean out the closet.  Scored a prada bag, who’s awesome?!?!?  We then went to Asakusa for Sushi.  Actually I had California Maki rolls, espanish had a “boat” which has maki, sushi & fish together.  The cruz got terriaki chicken, but got the sauce on the side.  Didn’t eat it or the cooked carrots & only part of the chicken.  I thought 007 was picky…. Wow!  So, next time, she gets to pick as no one liked the Country Post either, my choice.

After dining, we rushed like crazy mad Italians up to Auburn for the comedy show.  It was very good, with Drew Hastings.  Espanish knew the opening act, so we got to meet both.  Cool.  I have pictures.  It will probably be 3 years before I get them posted.

Sunday was church, grocery shopping & just watching some TV. I did finish a layout I had started.  And got the trash burnt.  And caught up on laundry.  It was good to have the boys back.

Today I made some applesauce (I actually left pretty close to on time. My dad being in the parking lot with my kids for some unknown reason had a lot to do with it. He thought it was his night to pick 009 up at school – it was not - so he just decided to pick them both up at the day care.  I know just trying to be nice but it was very unexpected.)  after supper.  It was yummy. Also had chicken & noodles. Which 007 will eat as long as the carrots are separate.  Go figure.  And I “lie” and say they are from Gramma Bonnie.  Eventually he will figure out that those ran out a long time ago.  But until them I’m using it!  Also changed out the toilet seat.  Those screws are like way longer than they need to be.  And plastic, so they warp when you turn them.  Go figure.  But it looks a lot better, and yea me for figuring it out!

Parked the car way on the far side of the driveway in hopes that it will make it easier to get out in the AM.  Probably won’t.  They already have a 2 hour delay.  Wish we got delays at work.  That would be cool.

Well, I overslept & so I gotta get to bed tonight….

No comments: