Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not so girly this time...

I was informed today at work that yesterday’s post was a bit on the girly side….hey I’m a girl, what can I say..?  So in an effort to please Big, I’ll try to do better.  I did get to work on time again today, less rushing this AM which was nice.  I was on triage again, and I think did really well.  The number of outstanding tickets is shrinking.  I know that sounds like a bad thing, but when there are too many then we can’t see the stuff that really needs dealt with.  Mr. YY was, well, normal for him, and as usual I tried to hide how I was feeling as I know it can’t be helped.  Wish I could drink wine at work, that would make it soooo much easier…. Sunshine had a very nice thing to say about me, which was cool.  Said I had really lightened (or maybe it was livened) up the office.  It was hard to say which it was.  He tends to mumble a bit on his iPhone.  On speaker. Not doing himself any favors.  Or decides to shovel his sidewalk while talking to me.  “Yea (…..sccrraaapppee….) I need you to (….scccrraaaaapeeee….)…” you get the idea.  The Hobbit continues to impress me with how quickly he’s learning stuff, applying what he learns, and desiring to learn more.  Just need to work on the professionalism part.  That’s the harder part as it just comes with experience…and age.

Got to talk to Sheldon for a bit up in Warsaw, he’s totally cool & I miss when he used to be on help desk because we’d talk a lot.  Now I just get accused of talking to Bradle too much.  Whatever.  He’s a cool dude too.

I almost got out on time, but was waylaid at the last minute.  Was still out at 5 though.  Not bad.  Had supper with dad & then helped him renew his plates online.  That wasn’t the hard part.  Just hard to deal with constant interruptions.  I need to get better at it, but I use it all up at work.

009 has decided to do both math bowl (T/R) and Battle of the Books (W).  I can’t wait to find out if he makes either team.

It’s also hard to concentrate when I’m constantly thinking about someone.  WTF?!?  Here I go again, I suppose. He was in Bowling Green, KY area today.  And then was going on down to TN for tomorrow.  I can’t remember where he said, but I think Nashville.  And then driving back Thursday to be back in town Friday to get his laptop.  Ah, I remember those days, I loved them, they were always so energizing.  I love traveling & staying in hotels & seeing different places.  And then I like to come … Home.

Just like in this song….

That man could sing a cereal box to me & frankly I just wouldn’t care.

Michael would call from El Paso & I’d be on a plane that day to fix the server in Juarez.  And then we’d stay on that side & go out & have fun.  He was a lot of fun.  Too bad he lives in France now.  Or getting to tour the Circleville OH plant with Simon & Tanya.  He was very tempting… Or Carlos down in Belo Horizonte.  He had a beautiful wife!

Or down in Miami, wishing I was with Joseph.  Too bad I was with Joe then.  He was so not healthy.

OK, enough about my man craze-iness for 1 night.  Time to go to bed.  Sweet dreams peeps!

No comments: