Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just a quickie...

I really need to go to bed early tonight as I got to bed late last night & I was really draggin’ today.

Yesterday was a very strange day… first off, I had to apologize to Sunshine for first beaning him in the head with the foamie apple, but then also targeting his crotch with the stuffed mummy guy.  What can I say, I have really bad aim & I was really embarrassed & felt very girly.  It should be very obvious now why my brothers never really let me play baseball with them growing up. Big said I actually have perfect aim, but I think that is only true if there is intent.

Mr. YY driving me NUTS!!!  Not even going to go into the details so that his identity might remain secret & thereby preserving everyone’s dignity.  Need to remember to ask Big to order me a new pair of earbugs so I can have one at the office (can I authorize you over my blog???!)

The D-O-G called again yesterday regarding why his wireless network at HOME wasn’t working anymore & what should he do… HELLO!! I support your WORK network.  So when I told him I really couldn’t help him beyond advice (check the label on the bottom of the router for the config info you need, call CenturyLink, etc.) he said “well, you know I really do call in just to talk to you”.  I responded with “well, if you start breaking things on purpose I’m going to get suspicious”.  Cheryl said it needs to be like Dragnet “just the facts, ma’am” and that’s it.  That is hard for me.  It is NOT who I am. But then I guess that is what gets me in trouble all the time.

Last night, more caulking gun action.  Figured out why there is a horrible draft in the living room… apparently between the wall & the risers, on the up corner of the stairs, you can snake your fingers down under & essentially be in the crawl space under the stairs.  The cubby that is NOT heated….sigh… so come summer I’m going to have to figure out how from underneath to plug them up.  Right now they are plugged very hillbilly from the top, but it’s WAAY too cold to get in there right now.   And the window frame in here is much better.  But as I’m looking at it wonder if I should have used the white instead of the clear….?  It was also an amazing chance to clean off the top of my crafting table and I think it is better now.

I did get 2 layouts done over the weekend & have another almost finished on said table.  I really need to get cards ready & over to dad.  And there are like a million things I need to put away.  But it is hard to find the gumption.  I think I have too much stuff in my house.

Maybe I should join a Christian singles site, what do you think?  I’m getting so frustrated with the abysmally small selection here in town & they all turn up with wives or girlfriends.

I promise I’ve only had 1 glass of wine tonight, but I am rambling, a definate sign I’m tired… 

OH OH OH Mr. Kotta!!!! I almost forgot…. So Saturday I’m texting with Jilly Bean & we’re talking about some guy… and my phone beeps again so I’m assuming it is just her again so I don’t really rush out to see who it was (I was in here, my phone mostly works only in the kitchen). So I get out there & who should it be other than the wrestler.  The “oh, I’ve found my match, I’m getting married” wrestler.  Apologizing that he never meant for our friendship to turn out this way & he never meant to hurt my feelings.  So I was like “yea, me neither, just got to the point where I didn’t know what I was to you anymore & I knew what I wanted but knew it was never going to happen so I just had to pull back & face the facts.  And then you just stopped coming to church & I didn’t know what was going on & it was just 2 confusing.”.  So do you know how he responds “I know what you mean, I’m not into church right now, I’ll come back sometime in the future.”  So I said back “you gotta do what you gotta do. See you around someday”. WTF?!?!  Why after all these months?  The first thought I had was that he & his girlfriend broke up & he thought he could still get a piece.  Nope.  Not going to happen.  Learned my lesson the last 2 times.  And what does his response really mean anyway other than he has NO CLUE what he wants in life. And then at church I see this cute little blonde toddler running around.  I look over & there he is at church.  Geez, if seeing him still doesn’t trip my trigger.  And make me think of when we went driving through Grant county one day over lunch & I got a tasty treat. But. I. Cannot. Let. Him. Get. To. Me.  He comes over first, gives me a hug, says “hey Shelley”.  I give him a hug.  We don’t talk much.  I go back to talking with Jilly Bean & the other girls.  And later T&J call him an a$$.  It took every ounce of strength & determination I had but I DID NOT seek him out to say good bye.  Maybe that was the wrong thing to do… but I am sick & tired of “having hope” he’s ever going to change his mind or his ways.  And I refuse to be the fill-in girl any more.  I’m better than that & deserve better than that.

Good night!

No comments: