Friday, January 7, 2011

Muzes instead of Snoozes

OK, a poet I am not!  But I really should be in bed.  But I’m really not. Instead I fell down a rabbit hole.  One that I am almost too embarrassed to admit to.  One that involved trying to find a date.  Not much out there. Deleted account.  Enough said.

Thanksgiving was weird & hard.  We had it a week early since this was not my Thanksgiving year.  Missed mom a lot.  Was good to see the grandparental units.  Christmas was also hard, but I was thankful to have the boys.  Didn’t really go all-out on the presents.  Some books, clothes & Legos.  They were very happy.  We did go to Christmas Eve service, but not longest night or Christmas Sunday.  Just too much going on.  We had our family celebration at Dan & Kelli’s house.  Kevin had their home beautifully decorated for the season, as he always does.  And Kelli had some very yummy food, delicious, that earned extra praises in 009 & 007 not only eating it but really liking it too!  They love their Auntie Kelli.

Actually, back to topic #1, there are 2 clients where I work that are very intriguing.  But I doubt that either one will pan out.  Why is that?  Why does the selection have to be so slim around here?  I just want to go out on a date every  now and then.  But not once in 18 months have I been asked out.  Why?  Am I that horrible or is every man that stupid? Sigh…

Jilly Bean, Tom & I did the New Year’s Eve party at http://www.charleycreekinn.com/ It was a lot of fun.  Got to dress up in little black dress with little black shoes.  Shame on me for not taking any pictures.  They have this wonderful South African red that I absolutely adore!  You can get a bottle here, very reasonably priced… http://www.pfiwestern.com/pfi/western.wear/itemdetl.html?item=ROBERTSON%20RED  In Twenty/Green Hat Lounge they have a delightful sparkling (shiraz) that is heavenly as well.  I wish I could find their brand, but….I can’t.

Cannot believe that next week it will be a year since I started my new job.  I really love it, the people are great!  I’ve been moved to team lead & have been struggling a bit with the workload & extra responsibilities.  We have 3 people doing triage/help desk now so that is coming along nicely. Now we just need to get everyone up to speed.  I think that is a never-ending battle.

OK, so now I should probably hit the snooze part & go to bed.  Have a good night, ya’ll!

No comments: