Monday, January 17, 2011

Manic Monday

It actually started off on a really good note, I was ready early, got to work on time & started working with stuff on the board.  Getting stuff plowed through, addressed, scheduled, closed out… just like I like to do.  It felt pretty rockin!  I had my appointment with Cheryl today.  I always like that.  She was proud of me leaving on-time last week. Talked about the lessons learned on disappointing Jilly-Bean.  Talked about the importance of taking care of self & being nurturing.  That it is not selfish & indulgent. Just good health.

I go back to work, get more stuff done…. Trying to resolve a lingering issue for a client that they are just fed up with & frankly so are we.  The shop guy tells me that a certain someone from one of our customers is bringing in his laptop.  “oh, that’s nice, but why do I care?”  he just responded “oh, I don’t know”… he’s like that.  I love ‘em.  But my insides just became a mass of writhing worms.  I’m frustrated that I’m not wearing something more flattering or that I didn’t do something different with my hair.  Do I have stuff in my teeth?  Why o why did I stop wearing my retainer, is my nose powdered????  Geez, what’s up with that?!?!  Why do I feel all tingly thinking about him?

He and I have talked before either in person or on the phone & he seems like a really nice guy.  One of the first conversations we had he called me pretty.  I don’t remember the context, but I remember it fit with whatever we were talking about.  I had mentioned to him on our last phone call that I had taken the boys to Chicago & he wanted to know if it was “just me & the boys” and asked a lot of questions & told me a lot of things.  That was kinda cool.  Today when he came in he asked me if I’d been back & told me some places to go.  We talked about where we had gone to school.  He went to Butler, arch-rival of my school.  That his daughter now goes to IUPUI.  He was a music major & sings.  How totally awesome is that.  I think he’s Christian too, as he listens to Christian Rock.  While I like the genre too, you usually don’t listen to it if you don’t feel that way, know what I mean?  I think he likes bikes & I think he would just be cool to get to know more.  He said he really calls in just to talk to me.  Do you think he might like me too?  Probably not, most guys don’t see me that way, I don’t think.  I’m just one of the guys.

I think I have a crush… what do you think?  He’ll be back in on Friday so I’m gonna try & have something nice on.  I wish he’d ask me out for coffee or something.

Unfortunately, the day didn’t end on a good note.  Too much to do, not enough time, I took 20 minutes to daydream instead of cooking supper & then the whole rest of the evening was a train wreck.  Mostly salvaged though as I told the boys “I know we’ve had conflict tonight, I love you so much even still & we’ll figure it out.

Now I have the hiccups.  But I got to talk to my sister.  Thanks Kelli for indulging my “need to be girlie for a minute and talk boys”.

Anyway time for beddie as it was too late last night…. Think I’m gonna have sweet dreams tonight.

No comments: