Sunday, January 16, 2011

Delight, Dissapointment & Dilemma

I finally got all my cards made from that big huge stack of scraps, wow, that was like totally cool!  Now I can get them addressed & over to dad so he can send them out.  I ended up with 36 thank you cards, 7 love cards, 1 blank & like 96 Happy Birthday cards.  Looks like I won’t have to make cards for a while. I’ve also pulled some pictures for some layouts, can’t wait to get back to scrapping!  I got the Christmas tree down & in a new luggage-like thing….

http://www.treekeeperbag.com/Tree-Duffel-Tree-Storage-Bag-TK-10121-p/tk-10121.htm

It was a bit cumbersome for 1 person to get the first part of the tree in, but once there was something inside holding it all open, it worked great.  And it will store very flat while your tree is being used.  How cool is that?!? It had wheels so it was very easy to pull up the stairs, however, had it been 1 millimeter wider, it would not have made it through the attic door.  But I love not having it out in the shed, as the shed makes it stink.  And it was very dangerous trying to get a 7.5 foot tree down off a shelf over 6 foot up & standing on a ladder.  It seems to be very sturdy & made out of the same type of material as luggage so I think it will keep the mice out & stand up to the punishment of being mine.

I think I’ll be in the market for a new vacuum soon.  Mine sucks, well actually it does, but the brush roller thingie has stopped, well, rolling!  And it smells funny.  I think the Dyson Animal might just be the one for me.  In the ball model of course.

On a very positive note, I have my credit card paid off, again!  I think I did it like 3 times last year.  It was really rough getting everything paid off from being unemployed.  After a year, I think I am finally there!  Pinch me in a couple of weeks to make sure I still feel the same way!  Next on my list, getting a new computer (well, after the vacuum).  The keys don’t always work right on this one (could be the Mod Podge!) and the mouse is flaky & well, the whole computer is flaky.  Been trying to decide Windows 7 or a Mac.  I’ve always wanted to get back to a Mac.  With Photoshop CS.  We’ll see when it comes time to pay the piper….

Friday night I watched 4 brothers with Mark Wahlburg, because who can resist this….

or this…

The storyline was very good & had a very impressive car-chase scen through snowy Detroit.

The dissapointment came Saturday when my massage therapist called sick L  So I’ll have to wait a couple more weeks.  It can be hard sometimes as I can really tell the difference when  I go regularly.  I think I can make it OK though.  And then there was getting to the theatre late so I didn’t get to see True Grit.  Saw Dilemma instead with Vince Vaughn.  I have to admit, it was better than I thought & had Channing Tatum it it…

Who is like wow, really young, but easy on the eyes….

All the good ones are married too….  I keep hoping I’ll stumble across one here, but everyone keeps telling me my standards are too high.  My response, “I’m done lowering my standards as that’s all I’ve ever done & look where it’s gotten me…”  Exactly.  Standards staying high…

Night, all!

No comments: