Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hold my Hand...

So Monday I called the doctor’s office to get my results.  The nurse was less than kind.  “Well, I don’t know why you are calling!  The sample didn’t even get sent out until Friday, the lab would have been closed, so it didn’t even get started until today.  Call back Thursday or Friday.”  “Well, the doctor said to call today”.  “They don’t know anything, I don’t know why he told you that!”.  Sheesh!  So I had to wait more days. The days passed by OK, kept busy being a mom & stuff.  Had lunch with EE on Tuesday, that was the highlight.  Wednesday he came over after I got back from Kokomo & that was terribly exciting.  It’s so much fun to just talk to him, but of course there was lots of kissing involved too.  And a glass of wine.  That was also the night 007 started getting pretty sick, so we slept in the recliner that night. Well, at least he did!

Thursday came & they called me with the news.  It is Type 1. Which I knew I had, I get terrible cold sores when I’m really stressed, but probably only once every 3-5 years.  Had no idea you could get them there.  Wow what a surprise.  That nurse was a lot nicer & spent some time with me on the phone.  But holy cow does that mean I’ll always have to use a condom now, and what about BJs? Am I going to be able to do those safely anymore?  Apparently you can have viral shedding even if you’re not having an active breakout.  I can’t be responsible for giving it to anyone else.  Maybe I should just become a nun.  And I haven’t told him that part yet.

Thursday morning after work, he had to head up to MI to pick up the plane, and then fly down with the guys to New Smyrna FL to get the new FAA requirements put on the plane & then do some test flights before training this coming weekend.  I’d rather tell him in person.  We’ve talked a lot on the phone but he’s got horrible reception there, and of course I do here too.  But I don’t want to do it that way.  And I hate that I can’t tell him.  And I miss him horribly!  I’m not sure I can wait another 7 days before seeing him again, are you kidding?!?!  And I sit here wondering how it is that this man I haven’t known very long is all of a sudden such an important part of my life?  And I think I’ve fallen so hard and it scares me.  What if I’m wrong (again)? What if I’ve made a bad choice (again)? What if my heart is just going to break (again)?  SIL says they just want me to be happy.  Yea, me too.  That they’re hoping someday I won’t need them to pick up the pieces (which they willingly do every time). Yea, me too.  I just want a good relationship.  I just want to be able to stop just looking into the candy store through the window and actually be able to walk into the store & shop.  And eat.  It’s so frustrating. To know something exists out there, but to just constantly wonder if it’s never meant for you, just everyone else.

Yesterday we had a nice, lazy day.  We goofed off around the house, then I had my massage (oh wow, it felt so good!) and then grocery shopping & errand running.  Back at the house we put away the groceries & the boys played outside for a bit.  I picked up all the limbs & sticks from the yard, a whole wagon load, and got all of that & the other limbs that I had chucked behind the shed all broken up & sorted.  I have quite the stack that needs sawed, but maybe later.  The boys worked on picking up rocks out of the yard & flowerbed.  At their rate, it will take forever.  I’ve done the mathematical calculations… Then a quick nap for me (sweet!) and a birthday party for a friend’s daughter.  Yummy!  Then we went to the Eagles to see Gnomeo & Juliet.  It was so cute!  And oddly, did follow the play to some extent, just acted out by lawn gnomes…seriously.

Today is church, eating lunch with Dick at church, then out to the male parental unit’s house so the boys can work on picking up rocks & I can work on his checkbook.  I really don’t want to, I’d rather come back here, but what do you do?

Have a great day!

No comments: