Friday, November 6, 2009

update on 006

Ok, we’re fairly certain now after a rather “weird” procedure that he does not have cystic fibrosis.  The test results are back and we’ve not heard anything so that is good news.  Other good news, he had the best lung function test – ever – probably because I’ve been dumping bronchial dilators into him at an obscene rate, so I guess I can stop doing that.  The bad news is that there is something else causing his symptoms and she’s questioning his adenoids.  008 had his taken out when he was almost 5.  along with his tonsils.  So, the next up is a sleep study.  I’m all for just taking him directly to an ent to be evaluated but whatever.  We did the sleep study with (then) 004 and then went to the ent who told me “I don’t even need to look down his throat, they need to come out.  I can tell just by listening to him talk.”  Wow, confidence, I love that! And he was right.  Said the sleep study was a waste of time and money.  I tend to agree with him, hence my desire to go straight to him.  If you are in the (indy) area, it is dr. fang out on the south campus of st. francis.  He has a private surgical center.  He also repaired bob’s deviated septum (one of the worst this dude has ever seen) and did a magnificent job.  If it comes to that, 006 will also go there, we decided last night.  It’s weird that we communicate better now than we ever did together… anyway…..

Another good bit of news, 006 gained a whole pound since the last visit, which is what started this whole thing.  YEA zacky!!!  I was really surprised to hear this as his appetite has been pretty crummy lately & he’s been sick.  So he’s on the rebound would be my guess.  He’s just never been a big eater.  I think there are people in the 3rd world (no offense, I’m not trying to be mean) who eat more than this child, so you can see her (and my) concern.

On a completely unrelated note, I updated my business logo, be sure to go to www.benzillascrapping.com to check it out!

elle

No comments: