Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday life...

Ah, the house is quiet (except for YouTube playlist in the background), kids are off to school, lovely fog-shrouded sunrise in progress....what could be better?

Thought I'd get a bit caught up today, being the holiday week, I always tend to bite off more than I can chew when I'm overwhelmed.  Lots of bloggers & facebook friends have been documenting what they are thankful for... here's my go... (not really any any order, except the first one...)
  1. God, without him, I would be meaningless
  2. My kids, whiny, grumpy, hugging, loving, kissing, it doesn't matter - they continually challenge me to be a better mom
  3. Maslow's basic needs - you know, food, water & shelter.  so many do not have this, or what they do have we would not consider as meeting this definition
  4. Men & women who put their lives on the line so that I might live mine the way I do.  And challenge me to make sure it's not in vain.  And their families who tirelessly support them in that endeveour
  5. Friends - there with a phone call, hug or whatever it is that I need that day
  6. My family.  Yea, we're dysfunctional, but which family is NOT?
  7. My health - without it, I would not be able to achieve what I can every day
  8. My computer - I am a techno geek gadget girl after all
  9. Coffee - been drinking only fair trade from Modoc's lately.  Wonderful flavor
  10. Beautiful sunrises - they remind me of God's majesty every day
  11. There are lots more, but 10 is a nice round number
This week, being the holidays will be a bit crazy, but here's a snapshot of what I'm working on:
  1. Cinnamon Rolls for Thanksgiving morning as well as 5th Sunday Breakfast @ church - using my mom's recipe (that she got from her gramma)
  2. Pumpkin "cake" for Thanksgiving
  3. Banana bread - before they completely rot
  4. Pumpkin pie (yes, i make my crust by hand too)
  5. Apple pie - need to peel dem apples too!
  6. New Christmas product for the store
  7. Christmas class kit & flyer
  8. Getting to the Y more to walk (last week was lousy!)
  9. Christmas shopping - game for both boys, bedding for Ben & that's about it
  10. Getting mom's pictures into photo albums.  Thinking of only "lightly" scrapping them.  Don't ask me what that means, I'm not sure...
  11. Cranberry salad for Thanksgiving - my Aunt Barbara helped me snag my Gramma's recipe from "out of her head"
  12. And all the other housekeeping, mommy duties, and other stuff I do on a weekly basis....
Wish me luck & I'll let you know how it goes...

On the relationship side of life, yes, the wrestler and I are still talking, in fact we talked every day Tuesday to Friday & my little shippy heart was totally thrilled.  It was almost strange to not hear from him Saturday (he was working) or Sunday (he was at his sister's church). We are taking things very slowly, sometimes to me too slowly, but hey, I'm at least learning how to be patient.  I don't think I've learned it yet.  I try to not get too hopeful and to not let "things" mean anything, but that is hard because I really, really want it to.  I also try to analyze my every motive for contacting him to make sure it's not going to be misread.  I probably overthink it.  I also end up not contacting him because I want it to be his choice, his doing, allow him to do the pursuing.  But this is hard as I don't want to send the message that I'm not interested and that I don't care about him.  Would sending a message that says "hey how was your day today?" fall under the pursuing category or just general friend interest, was thinking about you today category?  these are some of the things I think about.

anyway, the secret is one day at a time, that is really all I need to concern myself with.  Very easy to type, harder to live, but I'm trying...  thanks for listening!  elle

No comments: