Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Songs about Rainbows

Why are there so many, and what is on the other side?  Yes, I too have always been a bit of a dreamer.  Sometimes a blessing, and sometimes a curse.  Sometimes I feel so driven to do so many things that I am not sure I enjoy any of them!

Many people have expressed admiration to me about quitting my job and going back to school.  I can't say that I never thought twice about it, or that I wasn't worried, however, I am still just so amazed at the responses.  I never really thought of it as an act of bravery or that it took a lot of courage, I just did it because it was going to get me to where I wanted to be.

I received this thought in email almost 2 years ago:

... if the direction you're about to move feels "right" in your head and heart, yet the first few steps look pretty daunting, not fun, and maybe even scary, you should take those first few steps anyway and get 'em over with. 

It is (mostly) how I try to live my life.  But there are many things that scare me.  Believe it or not, new things, things that are out of my routine, trying to get to know people I've never met before.  Those are big, daunting things.  So maybe going back to school did scare me, and I just didn't realize it.  Now I've been doing it long enough and have gotten to know all the other students well enough that I guess it doesn't meet the "scary" requirement any more. 

On some positive sides this week: 
  • My realtor is coming over today to do a video to post on their Facebook page (negative is that I've really had to clean house!)
  • I have a massage client tonight (see above note, I don't know her, but I'm still excited)
  • 013 has a band concert tomorrow night
  • It is Halloween on Friday
  • I've had another person contact me about being a practice client
  • I've started my part of the paper, almost finished
  • I've gotten several chores already knocked off the list
  • I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with my boys
  • I'm excited because I got to help Gadget get some things done last weekend that were driving him crazy

So I think Life is Good!

No comments: