Wednesday, October 29, 2014

January 2014 Flickr Upload

Good morning!  As usual, you can catch the whole upload here...

This was a very snowy month.  We had a blizzard.  I got snowed in at a hotel because I could not get to my house.  I got within 1/2 mile, and could not go any further.  I would not say we got as much snow as 78, but the wind and drifting were bad.  And we are just not that prepared with road crews as we used to be.  I was hard-pressed to find someone who would come clear out the driveway, and then I can't say as he did a good job.  We had gravel everywhere!

 This is where I stayed for 3 nights/2 days.  I was somehow able to get turned around and head into town.  Don't ask how, don't even ask how I managed to get that close to my house in the first place.  It is scary to think about now, and what could have happened if things went wrong.  They took care of me.  I was bored out of my skull.  I had a few magazines that I read through, did some crossword puzzles, wished I had a book!  Ran the battery down on my phone watching NetFlix.  I now make sure I travel with a charger and plenty of reading material!

 Someone from the kitchen must live downtown as they were able to get us some food.

 The next day we were still under a snow emergency but I needed clean underwear and a charger.  I ventured out to Wal Mart, and then tried to see if the guy had my driveway cleared.  He did not.

 The next day, he did.

 One of the many snow days.

 This makes it go easier...  From the new machine...

 And once it started melting, this is what I saw.  It broke my heart.  I did not expect him to know where the edges were, I didn't get a chance to mark them.  But I also did not expect him to push half the driveway out either.  Maybe he didn't have skids.  I told him a couple or 3 inches on the ground was OK to leave behind.

 And then one day I got to work and discovered this.  The blue spot is just a shadow, not sure why it did that.  I couldn't figure out why I kept feeling the seat cushion directly on my backside.  Hum...

And then we got more of this.  Always more of this.

No comments: