Sunday, September 7, 2014

Raindrops keep falling on my head..

Do you remember that little song?  I had a music box when I was younger that played it, always made me sad, I always wanted blue skies...

But now... well, it makes me smile, it reminds me that the rain nourishes and is a gift from God.  It washes away pain and grief so that we can feel refreshed.  And that is what I am starting to feel.

It has been just over a month since I left Intrasect and returned to school, and it has still been one of the best decisions of my life.  I absolutely love learning how to care and nurture others, and my goodness, it is harder than I ever thought, but I'm not backing down now. 

Don't get me wrong, still completely scared stiff on the whole I just gave up my paycheck part, and what about retirement part and so on, so prayers certainly are welcome.  But I have not been this less-stressed (is that the right phrase??!) since I can't remember when.  Maybe never.  I have the time to concentrate on my family, on my friends, my house, my life.  I am finally doing something because *I* want to do it.

The group of girls (and 1 guy) that are in my class are amazing!  They are so welcoming and accepting.  I have never felt that in the tech community outside of a couple of rare cases.  They are encouraging and loving.  They are the best classmates.  We have a lot of fun together, laugh at our foibles together, and help each other learn.  And there is so MUCH to learn, I had no idea.  I have been on the recipient side for many years, very regularly, so you think I'd have it all down just from that, but it's not quite the same.  It gives me a whole new respect for those hands that have worked on me over the years.

Anyway, we are about 1/2 way through all the charts (I think last week's was the mid-point).  On Week 10 (this is 5) we have our first practical where we do the complete routine and are critiqued by current therapists.  Ya, I'm nervous, but it's the best way to learn.  I wish we did something like that every week.  I love it when someone lets me know I'm not doing it quite right because I want to be as good as I possibly can.

So, it's off to school for me, hope you all have a Fantastic Friday!

No comments: