Friday, September 26, 2014

Everybody's workin' for the Weekend...

Raise your hand if you remember that song?!  Ah, very good times.  You will be happy to know, it WAS the last load of mulch, but still did not get the entire area around the raised bed gardens completed.  I thinned and transplanted sedum, iris, hostas, lillies, and peonies as they were desperate for more space and it helped me populate the new areas.  I did run out of cardboard for weedstop, which is why I did not go back for more mulch.

However, I did get the back of the bed cleaned out and fetched a load for dad as a surprise.  The guys at Agro-Chem (I love them, they are all so wonderfully nice!) gave me a hard time for "forgetting" that I don't usually get the red.  Yes, I am there enough they know my face and what color I get.  It's almost embarrassing.  Until I had a conversation with one of the counter guys, and apparently he suffers from mulch addition too.  "Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm a mulch-aholic...".  So he told me a bit about his projects, and then I didn't feel so bad.

I was able to get over to dad's before him, so I did a bit of weed spraying (I know, not a big fan, but...) and then started unloading mulch.  He wanted to remove the bed from where he parks the cars because it keeps filling up with grass.  There are a few popular theories as to why this happens, but for the protection of the innocent, we won't go into that.  So I had surgically extracted several good specimens from the grass, and we transplanted over to by the back door/ramp area.  I'm just hoping the same thing doesn't happen there.  But maybe I can do a better job at staying on top of stuff now. So I started unloading the mulch, and we got almost the entire area covered with what I had.  And then we made plans to get another load next week to try and finish it off.  This was on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I was sore yesterday!  So Elizabeth worked on me good yesterday!  But wow, I think I could use more!  But, we have the test today, and our research paper presentation, and only 1 of us got to "go" yesterday, so it will be the flip today.  Now that we have learned all the charts, it's full body from this point on, so yea us!  And we found out yesterday the whole class has perfect attendance so far!  And we GOT OUR TABLES!!! I am so excited about that!

Today after school, Gadget and I are flying down to Gatlinburg for one last hoorah of the year.  We've not been to this fly-in/clinic before, so it should be fun, but there will be several of the other Hooligans there so that is cool.  And it will be a bit of night flying as we can't leave until after school.  I tried to switch, but with the paper due today, it didn't work out.  So I'll be meeting him at the Marion airport instead of my usual drive around the state and back.  I am really excited about it, it is going to be so much fun!  Just need to throw that stack of clothes in the suitcase and then I am gone!

As for the quiz, I think I'm going to totally rock it!  The boys have been running through the flashcards with me.  They've done such a wonderful job, it has made me laugh and learn all at the same time.  A mama couldn't ask for more; they are such amazing young men and I am so overwhelmingly blessed!

See you soon!

No comments: