Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching Up

Well, life certainly has a way of just keeping on rolling down the line.  After New Year’s, we were invited up to Muskegon for a Hooligan’s party.  It was just so much fun.  And their house is simply amazing.  Two of the most warm & generous people I have ever met.  I got off work early on Friday, and Grampa was going to keep them for Friday night for me, as we’d be returning sometime on Saturday.  010 packed too much stuff, so it wouldn’t all fit in his school bag (course the lunch box could have had something to do with that) so we had to use his go-bag, which he can’t take to school.  So I left work an hour late, and then we had to go over to dad’s to drop off the bag (008’s stuff believe it or not all fit!).  We had lunch at Mr. Weenie’s in Peru, and then I took a bit of a nap.  I woke up just as we were hitting MI and we filled up & switched out drivers so he could take a bit of a nap too.  The whole gang ended up being there, and it is just so much fun to be around them, they have always been so welcoming to me.  I’ve been asked several times if I’m going to be going down to Bakers this year again, so I’ll have to figure that out.  They all seem to want me to go.  I would love to go.  It is the time of my life.  And I’m still trying to figure out why I’m the only girl they ask to go.
On the way back home, we stop at the New Holland Brewery, in Holland, and had some super-yummy pizza & beer.  I think it was called Sunset Dog. On the way back, we talk, and listen to music.  I take over driving for a bit so he can nap.  I love to watch him sleep.  It’s hard to keep my eyes on the road.  Sometimes when we’ve been at Charley Creek, or The Mill (when they’ve had live music), we’ll both start singing along. And it’s a very powerful feeling to do this, for some reason, to sing together.  It is incredibly sexy.  And I love the sound of his voice. And I pretend he’s singing to me.  I know, I am such a girl.
Last weekend, we went up to BC and attempted to do some work on the woodpile.  That didn’t happen.  But we did get the garage cleaned out.  And hung out with his boys.  Went to see Contraband with them.  Is it bad I showed up drunk?
This weekend, has been just hanging out at the house.  008 had  a play date yesterday, and I think he had fun. Ben & I went shopping & did some chores.  Maybe next time I should do something special with just him.  Today, I think we are going to go see Munkwrecked.  I’ve not seen the other two, so I hope I can keep up.  And I’m worship leader & not looked over my stuff yet.  Oops…

No comments: