Friday, August 22, 2014

Mama's got a brand new bag!

Yup, it is true!  I know I have been very quiet as of late.  This was my last real life post back in February.  There was a bit I left out, to protect the innocent, and maybe the not so innocent.  In November/December of 2013, I was pushed out of my position at work, and forced to go back to being on the help desk.  Many "reasons" but none of them really made sense.  Nor did they ever let me know when I was doing something "wrong" so that I could learn and adjust.  That, my friends, is just poor management and leadership.  Period.  Can't sugar-coat it.

So they replaced me with a man that had only been there about a year.  And only has about 7 years experience in the market, compared to my 25.  yup.  I was then treated like a wayward child who did not know the simplest of tasks, was reprimanded & corrected over the slightest error, or if he did not approve of the method of troubleshooting.  My conversations were listened in on and monitored.  The time I spent using the loo, making coffee, or catching up with coworkers was strictly observed, and I have no doubt recorded.

I finally had enough of the abusive relationship, yup, there really is no other way to describe it.  I would receive emails that were pages long psychoanalyzing me, and everything I did while all at the same time trying to assure me I "did not have a target on my back".  I did not know who to trust.  It was a hostile work environment, no ifs, ands or buts.

So I handed in my resignation.  They were not surprised.  They did not ask why.  I was there almost 5 years, and it meant nothing to them.  During my exit interview, I told them I was surprised they had not asked.  "oh I think I know why, I should have this, I should have that".  It was always about them, not me.

I have chosen to go back to school.  I'm studying to be a massage therapist.  I can't wait, it is going to be so much fun.  I am really enjoying school, and finally working toward a profession that is not viewed as "a necessary evil".

It is a huge leap of faith, and I am scared to my bones!

More later, but now it is time to go make some vittles!

No comments: