Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'll fly away...

Goodness! After what has seemed like months of anticipation, it's almost time to leave for New Smyrna again!  I did a better job of not waiting until the last minute to figure out what new gear I wanted to get, so I do have new filters, and a new wide-angle lens, with a set of filters.  For an early birthday present, Gadget surprised me with a very nice new Case Logic gear bag.  D is loaning me his Canon Rebel, which is totally cool as it is much newer than mine & does video.  And stills at the same time!  My goodness, I'm in heaven, just hope I don't go crazy with the 16G card he's got in there.  I don't plan on taking that many, but the video is going to be SUUUUPER exciting.

So we are rallying up in the morning to head out.  Weather here is supposed to be great, but not so sure about down there.  They are currently dealing with a storm system that we're not sure if it will be cleared out by Friday.  I guess we'll just have to see what happens, but if anyone wants to turn on the giant fan to blow out the clouds that would be great.

Went up to BTL last weekend and we had a wonderful meal Friday with D, Ken & Theresa.  Saturday he worked on the barn, and I did some shopping.  I hate shopping.  It took 4.5 hours!  Then we grilled steaks & had a good time.  We watched (well, he watched!) Argo that night, and then had to watch it again Sunday AM so I could figure out what I had missed.  Sunday we cleaned out the car, scrubbed the entire inside, vacuumed, washed the outside, etc.  Almost looks new.  Smells a lot better too!

Didn't like not being in church on Easter.  That was really weird.  Like playing hooky.  That is one piece of the puzzle I've not really been able to figure out yet & make work.  Is getting to church when he comes here, or I go there.  I'm hoping it will work itself out.  

Well, gotta run off to work!

No comments: