Friday, September 9, 2011

More on the Moto - August 27-28

Let’s just say that first off, this was an amazing trip for me.  I can’t say that “I’ve always wanted to go” or anything, but it sounded like so much fun, I couldn’t resist.  I would so go back.  These guys just do amazing things with those machines.  And honestly, the racing part is over before you know it.  All the events just makes it so much fun.  I haven’t gone through all the pictures yet, I started with almost 800, I now have just over 200.  This one is from the Moto2 race, it is indescribable to watch them and how they almost start operating as a unit instead of individuals.  I was completely fascinated with the forms and lines they would make.  And of course the colors were just beautiful, but I’m not sure they are adequately represented in my shots.  After I got there on Saturday, we did go out to eat & managed to get 3 parking ticket warnings.  We then also cruised up & down the block around the circle (actually they probably had 5 blocks blocked off going south) and had a few drinks before going back to the hotel as we wanted to get a somewhat early start off to the track for Sunday.

Image001

This is one of the packs from the Moto2 crew

Image002

And this is Saturday night cruising around.  We’re on the Katana and yes I have a thing for taking pictures of the back of his head!  Well, maybe that’s just because that’s what I see from the back of the bike.  Or maybe it’s because I totally dig him. Or both..

Image003

It felt like a million bikes.  It was so cool to walk around & look at them all & totally cool to ride around trying to find a place to park.  A few good stories.

No comments: