Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wish you were here now...

I think we are back to summer this week, I'm so confused, must be Indiana.  But I know fall is right around the corner, they have been busy getting the crops in.  Actually, it is probably past the fall equinox already, so yea Fall!

Old business:
  • Still (not) working on church files
  • Website is not done
  • We still have a ton of carrots, they are so good!
  • State Certification - closer!  Started doing the practice tests, so far I have passed them all.  So I think I just need to get it scheduled
  • Financials are not done yet
  • Waiting on Heart and Soul work until certification is passed
  • Part of the last batch of soap was Honey and Oat, my favorite, but some of it got too hot I think.  Not sure if it is salvageable.  I don't think I'll be able to sell much of it, but I can (hopefully) still use it.  Honey just really turns up the heat and being in the fridge wasn't enough!
  • Still working on August pictures - about 1/2 done.  There were lots of flying pictures, plus cross country meets and football games
  • Massage appointments have been light this week again, but that is OK.  I know they are out there and it gives me time to concentrate on other stuff too
  • Ortho appointment went well, will probably get rubber bands in November
  • I ended up cheating on the snacks and buying, but they loved them all 
  • 014 liked his haircut but 011 is not sure
  • Got both boys' glasses fixed last night
  • Did not mow!
New Business:
  • More soap!
  •  Have started taking up the living room carpet.  There is beautiful hardwood underneath that just needs sanded and re-polyed.  I am using a poly that has a light stain to it, but it is not enough to change the color, just helps some of the lighter spots to blend in.  So last night I went and bought a bunch of felt pads to put under everything.
  • Met with a new realtor, I think this is going to work out much better
  • Need to take For Sale sign back to hardware store!
  • Working at church today
  • Have started the process of thinning out some of my perennials.  It is a great, economical way of getting new plants.  Plus the repetition of the plants is good design
  • I should mow soon
  • Due to selling the house, after I get the living room back together, I will need to start a general purging/storing of the house a bit and trying to get it a little less cluttered.  I don't ever think that it is, but it probably is.
  • The next project will be to work on the mudroom.  It needs some drywall or some type of boarding added to part of the ceiling & 1 wall and then PAINTED.  I'm going to use up some of the paint I have in the garage.
  • I also want to put a vent in the wall between the downstairs bedroom and the living room to allow for better heat exchange
  • I want to replace both the front doors and back door
  • This weekend is homecoming weekend for 014.  We also have the Tennessee Warbirds  Fly-in this weekend.  I will have to leave before the game.  I feel a bit guilty about this, but he keeps insisting that he DOES NOT CARE.  So I am trying to trust him.

No comments: