Thursday, December 3, 2009

Planet 51 Review

We saw the preview for this movie when we went to see Where the Wild Things Are and both boys (& me) thought it looked funny.  When it came here to the cornfields we decided to go see it. For some reason (tired maybe) 006 freaked out!  Didn't want to go, it wasn't at the Eagles and he did not want to go to Huntington.  We missed the showing.  Luckily Marion had another one & we did make that one.  And of course he loved it.  Won't admit to it, but he did.  There were a couple scenes as a parent that mildly disturbed me, but overall, it was a wonderful movie, and a really cool re-do on the classic alien invasion theme.  The names are also clever, the only one I can remember right now is Lem (Lunar Escape Module) but there were others that were of a similar nature.  Computer animation just continues to improve beyond my wildest imaginations.  I remember when Toy Story first came out (the first one, like a million years ago) and I remember even then how incredible it was.  They just continue to push the edge of the envelope and continue to deliver spot on.

No comments: