Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Catching up...

I think life is catching up to me.  In so many ways.  Some times i just feel rushed, stressed, overwhelmed, sad, happy, relaxed, you name it.  It has been fun to sort my parents pictures, you can read more about it here.

Maybe it's just that between Thanksgiving entering into Christmas holiday.  You know, you're so looking forward to Thanksgiving, so busy, getting everything done, then there is a bit of a lull until Christmas but it is jammed packed full of decorating churches, caroling, Christmas (company or not) parties, Advent programs, buying presents, wrapping presents, baking and sometimes you just realize you don't want to do it all by yourself, that you want someone else to share the experience with you.  I am that kind of person.  Sharing the journey with someone for me makes it more meaningful.  I don't know why.  I am just so not looking forward to Christmas this year because their dad gets them the first week of break this year.  I'm not dreading it, I'm just ambivalent, like, Oh, is is Christmas time?

The wrestler and I continue to have more and more contact.  I had lunch with him 2 Fridays ago, that was cool, I got to see his lab (he fits prosthetics or however you spell it!) and we talked.  And a bit more.  He stopped by the house last week and that was fun.  He called me Sunday to explain why he wasn't at church when he said he was going to.  That really blew me away.  I mean, I was totally not expecting it, it was so not necessary (but totally cool & sweet) cause it's not like we're really together or anything.  I mean, he doesn't owe me an explanation, right? Does that make sense?  He had gone to see his brother Saturday (which he called to tell me he was going to do, so re-read previous statements, they apply here too) and just decided to hang out until Sunday.

Of course, I missed him, but I kinda figured that's what had happened.  So double my surprise that he called and didn't want me to be worried.  It is getting to where we do communicate in some form every day.  Not sure what that means, or where it will take us, but I know sometimes it is hard to keep with this I'm going to take it slow thing.  But mostly, it has been good, and fun to do it.

006 had his Christmas program yesterday, Bob drove up to see it and joined us for supper.  Weird to have him in my space.  Like we're a family again, almost, but not.  We drove together.  Weird too.  But the boys enjoyed it.  006 almost didn't go.  He's not been feeling well since he came back, small cough and cold.  And he was tired, you could just see it in his face.  I found him (while I was cooking supper) in his bed with the covers up over his head.  He was mostly asleep, poor guy!  But he did go, had a great time, and they did FANTASTIC!  It's always so much fun to watch!

I had both my cameras there. Got 1 shot from the DSLR, then the battery died. Dang!  Whipped out the Nikon P&S, wouldn't even turn on the batteries were sooo dead.  Bob used his iPhone camera.  Not the best, but better than nothing.  It made my little hard sooo sad.  He was sooo stinkin' cute and right on the front row!

My mom & dad were both there.  That made my heart do cartwheels.  She doesn't get around very well so I was completely surprised she was there.  I knew dad was going to be.  I think she liked it.  It's hard to tell sometimes.  She has therapy this AM, so I'm waiting until this PM to go visit.

006 also has a doctor's appointment today to figure out what the weird growth is on his toe.  Probably just a wart, but it's on the side of his big toe & it rubs on his shoe and is VERY painful.  And starting tomorrow, they want to go back to riding the bus in the AM.  I still want to pick them up in the PMs as it just makes things go smoother, not as much rushing.  Which I hate rushing, but seem to do it all the time... go figure!

No comments: