Sunday, August 11, 2013

What a Wonderful World


I think I got this from Arlin Sorenson's blog, he sends out a daily read 6 times a week and I usually get it at work. It always makes me think about how I am living my life & what I am leaving behind for when I am no longer living it. I didn't snip out the beginning, so this starts a bit out of context, but the list is too good to be ignored.

The next question is almost always "what can I do?". I have been thinking about it for a couple of days. This is what you can do for me:
• Treat your children, parents, siblings, cousins and friends like it could be the last time you get to speak to them.
• Love them for who they are … not for what you want them to be.
• Treat them in the way you want them to treat you … and then go little further.
• Don’t sweat the little things.
• Never leave an argument feeling bad or having others feeling bad.
• Live your life the way you want to and let your loved ones live their lives the way they want to.
• Always support your kids and always let them know you love them.
• Tell the people you love ... that you love them. Then make it a habit of telling them you love them on a regular basis.

Do you do these things? They sound simple, but sometimes that humanly flesh rears it's ugly head. The last one is hard for me with Gadget. I know he does, he knows I do, but I don't think we say it frequently enough. We haven't made it a habit. I think it is the best habit. I'm trying to make it more of a habit. But I am afraid. What if it is too much? What if it drives him away? What if he thinks I'm too clingy. But then I look back at #1 and say, "It doesn't matter, I need to. I have to. I'm compelled to". So I've been saying it more.

Last Wednesday I went up to Marshall, MI for an interview (shhhhh! That is top secret!!!). I decided to stop by his house to see him before I came back. It was wonderful to touch him & kiss him & see him, even if it was just for an hour. He made me a cup of coffee for the ride home. We talked a bit (this would be like waking up at 1 AM for us first shifters so don't think it's a small thing). Then he kissed me goodbye. And we both said "I love you" and he giggled & said "I beat you to it!" and I giggled and said "Yes you did!" and I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day.

So yea, I'm going to keep stretching myself to say it. Even at the end of phone calls. Maybe even get to every day. What a wonderful world it would be.

And no, I didn't get the offer. But that is OK, the timing just isn't right yet. But it taught me a lot about myself, and the logistics I have to iron out and the impact I have on others. So for the time being, he's dodged the bullet.

No comments: