Sunday, April 4, 2010

Big Rocks

I promised my therapist I would bring my life inventory tomorrow.  Of course, I've had all week, and of course with it being holy week, the loss of a dear friend, and singing today, oh, the b-day thing, well....i came up with a lot of excuses why I didn't get it done.  And now it's late, and I want to row & go to bed, but I'm going to do this because it is important.  So here it goes... this is a list of what is important to me, where my priorities, energies & focus need to be.

1. God - making sure I live each day showing his love & grace; doing his work here. Being present & where he wants me to be.

2. Self - that I take good care of myself.  Eat well, sleep enough, row (I love it, it is good all-over exercise), scrap enough, play enough, nurture & care for myself.  There is only 1 of me & a lot of people depend on me.  I can't do my job if I'm not "right".  Sketch, create, journal, capture.

3. 009 & 006 - making sure I do right by them, setting a good example of how we treat others, ourselves, our planet.  Showing them how much they mean to me.  Teaching them how to be responsible, contributing members of society.  How to love God.

4. Parents/family - making sure I love & honor them.

5. Friends - spending time with them & valuing them in my life.

6. Job - gotta have it.  'nuff said

As you can see, I'm relationship oriented.  I'm sure you also notice there is a lot that I do that is not on this list.  There are some medium rocks that maybe I'll list next time.  But these are the big ones.  If these aren't firmly planted, then nothing else I do will be either.  Just like the house that is built on the sand instead of the rock.  No thank you, ma'am.

Good night,
elle

2 comments:

Katie said...

good for making an inventory

Benzilla Scrapping said...

Thanks! you know, none of it was surprising, but still good to just write down & get out of my head. clears it up a bit. been working on the medium stuff.