Sunday, May 5, 2024

May flowers...

 They are definitely here!  Lilacs, creeping phlox, iris, and allium are all in bloom.  Daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, crocus have all passed away.  I even have some salvia being brave and sending up blooms. Peonies are getting ready to open.  This is so my favorite time!


Old Business:

  • Done with Power, did the workbook sections. Nailed down a few things I need to concentrate on and put into practice.  Not sure what I am going to pick next.
  • Chores and downtime were one of those things.  Listened to an interesting podcast from Hidden Brain (SO! recommend it) regarding scarcity and even how that can affect our view of rest and recharge. I am getting more consistent with putting these in my schedule book.  I remember a time when I was in college when it seems like I was better at this.
  • Eleanor is SOOOO good!  It is almost done, and then I will have to decide what to read next.
  • Trail Guide is still iffy.  I had to do another subscription to NCBTMB test prep as in taking the practice tests I realize how much I need to study again!
  • Still bad on P4S
  • Magazines are going pretty good.
  • Health - next step is Pulmonology
  • Finished 023's challenge LO of what makes you smile, working on 020's version
  • Garage - ebbs and flows.  I did get all of my potted plants that I overwintered outside this weekend, and that has helped.  I also finally (!) got around to drilling some drainage holes in the big ones.
  • Guitar is now at 32 weeks!!
  • Still need to do the guardianship stuff
New Business:

  • Have had a couple of nights when I've gotten home from work and been able to do some gardening.  I really like that.  My therapist has encouraged me to do some walking barefoot outside to reconnect my energy and I've loved that.
  • Sticks are picked up each time now.  I had to buy another woodchipper (I went to use the one I bought last August and it worked for 15 minutes and then stopped!) So I got a gas-powered one this time (more environmentally friendly than another electric one that I'll have to throw away??). I was a bit intimidated with it at first, but we are now old friends. I like using it, and we've already chewed up 1/2 of the pile that was behind the shed, plus the ones off the property, plus the ones that I pick up when I go walking.  Dad says he has some at work he's going to bring home for me, so I can't wait! I'm hoping this will help in keeping the weeds a bit more manageable.  I mean, I do enjoy weeding, but I'm getting a little tired of them constantly taking over.
  • Got the oil changed in the mower, and have mowed I think 3 times now. Love it!!
  • I did get 1 bush planted in the new section, as well as transplanting some phlox there. And this weekend planting the Asiatic lilies that were in the garage.
  • Baby brother spent the weekend with me last weekend.  We got to do all the things he wanted to do: eat hamburgers and milkshakes, clean the garage, watch dog shows (I've seen so much Paw Patrol now!), and go to church.  He was totally stoked! 
  • Stained the ramp to the shed
  • Repaired the screens in the house windows - love having the windows open, it smells so good, and boy does the house need airing out after winter!
  • Pastor's wife has helped me on my crochet project, so it is really taking off!
  • Have had a lot of fresh asparagus - yummy!

No comments: