Monday, September 6, 2010

March 2009 Flickr

Wow, it has been a couple of crazy months with my mom being in the hospital for 2 months & trying to make the time to drive down there to see her.  And then her finally losing her struggle with it all.  It all still seems to be a bit surreal & I suppose I’m still in a bit of shock.  It was wonderful to see family that I haven’t seen in so many years & to hear the laughter & the tears as we celebrated her life.  And to hear such a large crowd sing Happy Birthday to my sister.  I know she has mixed feelings about the funeral being on her birthday but I think it is a wonderful connection back to mom.

Today is the day that we celebrate all for that we labor.  And so I have been busy around the house trying to keep those piles in check that keep cropping up all over.  I did upload some pictures, so I’ll share those, and got an order packaged up.  I also got a guilt trip from 006 soon to be 007 that I don’t have many pages in his scrapbook done, so I have one percolating over on the table.  Just want to make sure I like it before I nail it all down.  They are with their dad this weekend (he came up to attend the viewing & funeral and also helped immensely with the boys. They were both honorary pallbearers and I was so very proud of both of them!) and so I think it will be a nice surprise to him.

I also managed to come down with a nice cold Friday night after the viewing, so I’ve been full of snot!  Been trying to not take too much medicine as it really makes sleeping funny & hard.  Yesterday I managed to get 6 buckets of weeds out of the flowerbed around the playset.  I think I have just a couple more day’s worth on the old stuff, then I can start working on the second addition, I can’t wait!  And for fundraising this year, the school chose flowers, bulbs & trees so I’m totally stoked about that.

Our compost pile has been more fruitful than our garden this year, but considering the time limitations, I suppose that’s OK.  I have big plans for it next year, I saw a lovely plan in BH&G that I totally loved, made it look intentional, a part of the landscaping instead of just this plot that sticks out like a sore thumb.  So I’m going to give it a whirl.  Hope my dad will come over & help with the tiller!  Pray for him, if you of that persuasion, he’s having a tough time with mom being gone.

So here are the pix!

Friends at a Komets game.  Isn’t she soo pretty!

More Komets action!

Perry Meridian Craft Fair, Spring Version.  I did not go this year as I did not make any sales last year.  Very disappointing!

Mom at the Wabash County Hospital after they found the blood clots in her legs.  We didn’t know it then, but this was pretty near the beginning of the end.

My dad being goofy with Zack taking pictures.  He does this because he can’t take a good one even when he tries.  But he does when he stops trying.

Becoming 008.  Isn’t he handsome???!

Losing more teeth.  Trouble is, he doesn’t have many growing back in yet.

Thanks all for looking!  The rest is out on http://www.flickr.com/photos/81154606@N00/

2 comments:

Katie said...

sorry to hear about your mom, that's so rough.

Benzilla Scrapping said...

Thanks Katie! There have been spots that have been very tough. Mostly, though, I am at peace knowing she is in such a much better place than here. And is finally complete & where she belongs. I will miss her for sure, though.